[Linux-aus] Election status 2005-12-20

Jonathan Oxer jon at ivt.com.au
Tue Dec 20 09:55:02 UTC 2005

Hi LA,

It's been a week since my last election-page screen-scrape and there
have been a few more nominations since then so check out the names
listed below for updates. We still need more nominations though, so if
you know of someone you would like to see on the committee (including
yourself!) please head on over to

http://www.linux.org.au/membership/?page=view-election&id=7

and submit a nomination.

Sorry about the bad formatting below: it's just a copy/paste from the
web page, but with an extra line between each nominee so you can see
what goes where a bit more easily. Hopefully it makes sense.

Cheers  :-)

Jonathan

==================== Nominations =====================
President

    * Jonathan Oxer (jon at oxer.com.au) was nominated by:
          o Jeffery Fernandez (developer at jefferyfernandez.id.au)
          o Tony Breeds (tony at bakeyournoodle.com)
            Jon has done a gret job of leading LA since election. He
needs to be able to continue the work he has started.
          o Wei-Yee Chan (survivor at brisnet.org)
          o Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)
            Jon has shown himself to be balanced and have a good grip
of the many views of people as well being well respected by the
community. He has a good understanding of the issues faced by LA.

            It would be good to see him continue in this role to
complete things that he's started and help steer any refactoring of LA
that is needed.

    * Tony Breeds (tony at bakeyournoodle.com) was nominated by:
          o Wei-Yee Chan (survivor at brisnet.org)

Vice-President

    * Pia Waugh (greebo at pipka.org) was nominated by:
          o James Purser (purserj at k-sit.com)
            Over the last three years, Pia has shown her worth as both
President and Vice President. I think the committee still needs her so
here's my nomination.
          o Andrew Donnellan (ajdlinux at gmail.com)

    * Anthony Towns (aj at azure.humbug.org.au) was nominated by:
          o Andrew Pollock (me at andrew.net.au)
            Anthony's been involved with Linux Australia and the FOSS
community in Australia for a number of years now. He ran for the
Debian Project Leader earlier this year, and so clearly has leadership
aspirations. I'd like to nominate him for the vice-president next
year.
          o Jonathan Oxer (jon at oxer.com.au)
            AJ is insightful and level-headed with an excellent
understanding of the local FOSS scene. He has been a valuable member
of the committee and I'd like to see his contribution continue.
          o Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com)
            I just love his work.
          o Wei-Yee Chan (survivor at brisnet.org)

    * Jonathan Oxer (jon at oxer.com.au) was nominated by:
          o Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)

Secretary

    * Anthony Towns (aj at azure.humbug.org.au) was nominated by:
          o Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com)
            Anthony has done a fantastic job in the previous year. His
emails are consise, clear, and timely.
          o Andrew Pollock (me at andrew.net.au)
            I'd like to second Mikal's nomination of AJ. He's always
very level headed, and a wonderful contributor to the Free and Open
Source software community.

    * Andrew Pollock (me at andrew.net.au) was nominated by:
          o Wei-Yee Chan (survivor at brisnet.org)

Treasurer

    * Alan Harper (alan at aussiegeek.net) was nominated by:
          o Alan Harper (alan at aussiegeek.net)
            I am nominating myself for treasurer, I
            have the experience, albeit briefly
            with LUV in the second half on 2004
            before moving to Queensland. However if
            a better candidate than myself steps
            forward I would happily see them in
            this role.

Ordinary Committee Members

    * Jonathan Oxer (jon at oxer.com.au) was nominated by:
          o Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)

    * Ben Leslie (benno at benno.id.au) was nominated by:
          o Ian Wienand (ianw at gelato.unsw.edu.au)
            Benno is a stalwart member of the Sydney Linux community.
          o Pia Waugh (greebo at pipka.org)
            Benno knows the community well, is a great contributor to
FOSS, is good at getting things done and I think would bring to the LA
ctte ideas and accountability to the community.

    * James Purser (purserj at k-sit.com) was nominated by:
          o Jonathan Oxer (jon at oxer.com.au)
            James has shown a great deal of initiative and enthusiasm
with the work he has put into the LA podcasts and more recently in
kicking the Press Team.
          o Mark Tearle (mark at tearle.com)
          o Alan Harper (alan at aussiegeek.net)

    * Greg Lehey (grog at mysql.com) was nominated by:
          o Martin Schwenke (martin at meltin.net)
            Greg is one of the most experienced Open Source
professionals in the country. His BSD experience will add diversity to
LA.
          o Stephen Rothwell (lca at rothwell.id.au)

    * Janet Hawtin Reid (lucychilli at adam.com.au) was nominated by:
          o Pia Waugh (greebo at pipka.org)
            Janet has been very active in the Linux Australia
community this last year. She designed the icons for the LA site, she
wrote and published loads of great material for Software Freedom Day,
she is an organised, active, and enthusiastic woman, and I think she
would make a fantastic contribution to the LA committee. Rock on
Janet!

Ordinary Committee Members

    * James Purser (purserj at k-sit.com)
      Thanks to both Jon and Mark for nominating me. I have been
active in the community for the last six or seven months and in that
time I have started up the LA Updates and taken on the roll of Press
Team leader with the view to better promoting LA and the FOSS
community in general. Being on the committee will help in this role.