[Linux-aus] Choosing the LCA '07 host city

Donna Benjamin donna at cc.com.au
Fri Dec 16 14:24:09 UTC 2005

Whatever the current status of the Melbourne Pitch, Melbourne is the
best place for 2007.linux.conf.au

Why?  Because in 2006 linuxworld takes place for the first time in
Australia... where? in Sydney. A change of scenery would be a good
thing. The coffee is better in Melbourne. And, wait for it, we have
Trams.

Melbourne also has me and I'm great at organising stuff.  Unfortunately
I came into the bidding process rather late, and so will really only be
helpful _if_ Melbourne wins the bid.

I must admit, from what I've seen so far, Jeff is correct when he says
that the Sydney team appear to be hungrier to host the event, but on the
other hand - that does not mean they'll host a better linux.conf.au

So - Melbourne Dudes - speak up - sell the pitch, or concede defeat and
start preparing for 2008. ;)
(a much much more auspicious year - just ask the Chinese.)

- donna.

--
donna benjamin - executive director
http://www.creativecontingencies.com/