[Linux-aus] "start anything you like" type commercials on telly?

Andrew Donnellan ajdlinux at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 05:08:09 UTC 2005

On 12/10/05, James Purser <purserj at k-sit.com> wrote:
> As Press Team leader I have a couple of questions:
>
> 1. Who would be the target market?

Anyone really. Who are the M$ ads targeting? People who want to 'do
more' with their computers.

> 2. Whats the message we want to get across in 20 words or less

Why you should use Linux. Price, security, stability, freedom, community, etc.

> 3. How do we do it while remaining vendor nuetral?

Do you mean vendor neutral or distro neutral?

> It might be an idea to look at this to coincide with a major event such
> as Software Freedom day.

Launch the ads on Software freedom day, then in the ads promote the
local SFD event. (have a bit at the end saying 'see linux at _____
today')

andrew

--
This space for rent. Enquire within. Terms and conditions apply. See
store for details.