Re: [Linux-aus] Re: LCA, eh

Matthew,

> Speaking to Ashley Maher (my co-head-SCLUGer) we think it's a
> possibility, with the support of people at the Uni and some help from
> SLUG people.  What's the process for making a "bid" for an LCA?
> Presumably it's similar to the olympics (all bribes and
> under-the-table deals)?

There's no process. You simply make whatever effort (read:
consideration) and hope that they (the deciders) buy it. You don't
necessarily have to meet the "Australia" or "Australasia" bit.

LCA was NOT Australasia in 2004 whatever the rewriters of history want
to make. It wasn't, isn't never was going to be and never is. In 2004,
the LCA was Linux Conf in AUSTRALIA.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be in NZ; I'm just pointing out a fact.

You'll probably have a hard time getting it back onto Aussie soil. I've
heard the next stop is New York...

DSL