Re: [Linux-aus] Re: LCA, eh

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 00:44 +1000, Craige McWhirter wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-04-26 at 13:39 +1000, Matthew Palmer wrote:
>
> > I vote that we have LCA 2007 in Wollongong.  It doesn't really suffer from
> > "far away", but it's got "small" and "unknown" in spades.  <grin>
>
> Not a bad idea. The usual SLUG suspects have been talking up Sydney 2007
> but I think Wollongong would be a better choice and you could draw on
> the SLUG crowd for support.

While I think of it, Wollongong is currently a growth area for LUG's
with Ashley and Matthew recently forming the South Coast LUG based in
and around Wollongong Uni. The Uni is supporting them fully and SLUG is
lending a great deal of geek-power as well as moral support and the
relationship between the two will be tight as SCLUG charts it's way
through it's formative years.

Skip forward 20 months to January 2007 and I think that "LCA 2007,
Wollongong" would be an ideal choice, provided SCLUG have the full
support and backing of the SLUG community, which I don't doubt they'll
have.

Matthew, why not draw up some ideas and punt the suggestion to [SLUG
Activities] to get a discussion rolling?

We could also keep the "LC, eh" joke going.

      Craige.