[Linux-aus] FTA - Recent Article -

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Mon Nov 29 12:53:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Pia Smith wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-11-27 at 14:42 +1100, Craig Warner wrote:
>
> > I going to use  this  book and article  in next batch of letters to all
> > NSW Senators and my  useless  Labour  local  member .
> >
> > Not going to give up with out a  fight.
>
> Rock on Craig! Anyone else who cares about this stuff should also be
> writing letters. At least to your local members of parliament.

Wrote to each of the WA ALP senators about the issue of the FTA and its
damage to Australia, before the last feral election, and only one WA ALP
senator bothered to acknowledge - Ruth Webber, and, she did respond, and
discussed the issue by email. She was quite good about that.

The rest of the ALP in this state seem to have the attitude "Up yours -
I am ALP and I am a member of parliament, so who cares about the common
people?" - much the same as the government. And, the feral ALP
headquarters did not even know anything of our local ALP MHR candidate.

It is no wonder that they lost the election - it was the TINA principle,
the same as won for Margaret Thatcher years ago, as the ALP, for the
most part, was simply not interested in listening to what the people had
to say, or the concerns of the people, the same as the feral government
(and the office of the ALP feral spokesperson for health, simple had no
idea as to how the medicare system operates, and said that people
would receive no extra benefit, if the medicare rebate was increased to
100% of the scheduled fees - Duh!).

And, the attitude of the ALP is further demonstrated, in their approach
to the election loss; "who cares why we really lost - we will not ask
the people why they did not vote for us, we will instead form a
committee of our own people, each with their own self-interest, that
will decide why we lost, and, the real reasons that the people did not
vote for us, don't really matter."

--
Bret Busby
Armadale