[LACTTE] Re: [Linux-aus] Travel Grant Application

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Jun 15 19:08:11 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 05:05:04PM +1000, Michael Still wrote:
> Dan Shearer wrote:
> >On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 02:53:02PM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> >>How would LA paying KDE e.V. to send me to Stuttgart (for instance) be
> >>any better? That way, you have LA -> KDE e.V. -> studentflights (or
> >>whoever), as opposed to LA -> studentflights.
> >
> >I was meaning you could appeal for companies and individuals to give
> >targetted dontations to KDE e.V. (and you could also ask
> >KDE e.V for funding directly.)
>
> This is a difference between Jeff and Daniel's grant applications
> (unless I am mistaken again). Jeff has been offered funding by the Gnome
> foundation, but would prefer they spent that money on other things. Has
> Daniel been offered funding by the KDE foundation people?

I've been told it's possible, but probably not going to happen; they
also mentioned they could sponsor about 5 European developers with the
money it would take to fly me over alone, so if they could, they'd
certainly prefer not to.

Sorry for not disclosing this fact: I completely forgot about it. No
malice intended. :)

--
Daniel Stone                                              <daniel at fooishbar.org>
"The programs are documented fully by _The Rise and Fall of a Fooish Bar_,