[LACTTE] Re: [Linux-aus] Travel Grant Application

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue Jun 15 15:06:01 UTC 2004

Dan Shearer wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 02:53:02PM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
>
>>How would LA paying KDE e.V. to send me to Stuttgart (for instance) be
>>any better? That way, you have LA -> KDE e.V. -> studentflights (or
>>whoever), as opposed to LA -> studentflights.
>
> I was meaning you could appeal for companies and individuals to give
> targetted dontations to KDE e.V. (and you could also ask
> KDE e.V for funding directly.)

This is a difference between Jeff and Daniel's grant applications
(unless I am mistaken again). Jeff has been offered funding by the Gnome
foundation, but would prefer they spent that money on other things. Has
Daniel been offered funding by the KDE foundation people?

Mikal

--

Michael Still (mikal at stillhq.com) | "All my life I've had one dream,
http://www.stillhq.com            |  to achieve my many goals"