[Linux-aus] Travel Grant Application

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Jun 15 19:06:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 02:50:41PM +0930, Dan Shearer wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 02:53:02PM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > How would LA paying KDE e.V. to send me to Stuttgart (for instance) be
> > any better? That way, you have LA -> KDE e.V. -> studentflights (or
> > whoever), as opposed to LA -> studentflights.
>
> I was meaning you could appeal for companies and individuals to give
> targetted dontations to KDE e.V. (and you could also ask
> KDE e.V for funding directly.)

The former is a good idea, but it would probably overwhelm the e.V. or
whoever it is, and not guaranteed to bring in much. It also removes
accountability to some degree: what if the e.V. gets $4k to send me? Or
only $300?

Also, I have asked the e.V. :)

--
Daniel Stone                                              <daniel at fooishbar.org>
"The programs are documented fully by _The Rise and Fall of a Fooish Bar_,