[Linux-aus] LCA2006

Ryan Verner xfesty at computeraddictions.com.au
Fri Jan 23 12:37:01 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 14:51, Anshul Gupta wrote:
> Second is attendees, I guess it too much trouble for many people to fly
> down to NZ. So organizers should be prepared for low attendance.

It's actually cheap as hell these days to fly to NZ (cheaper than flying
to Perth from Sydney, for example), and I don't think you need a
passport to do so, so it's a reasonably sane suggestion.  Apparently the
LUG's over there are quite dominant, too.

I'd personally go to a LCA in NZ (it's a nice country!), but I agree, I
forsee low attendance unless they're particulary good at promoting the
event to reluctant aussies.

Signature space for rent.