[Linux-aus] LCA2006

Anshul Gupta tech at anshulgupta.com
Fri Jan 23 12:22:02 UTC 2004

> If _you_ have a problem with a NZ conference then do us all a favour
> and don't go.  By your own admission this will not put you out at all.
> Nobody else has expressed a problem with the idea so get over it.

Holding an Australian Conference in NZ. First problem will be the
sponsors, LCA is sponsored by Australian counterparts of the companies.
Most of them have separate company for NZ operations, they may/may not
sponsor an event outside AU. So we have to look for local sponsors in
NZ.

Second is attendees, I guess it too much trouble for many people to fly
down to NZ. So organizers should be prepared for low attendance.

Just my views.

Cheers,
Anshul