[Linux-aus] State representation on the board: vision for LA

Paul Shirren shirro at shirro.com
Fri Jan 9 17:24:43 UTC 2004

Leon Brooks wrote:
> Yes. AfC is considering a newsletter which I guess counts as
> "regular announcements". Several of the minutes were held up
> pending legal advice, otherwise they tracked reasonably well
> (typically a week or two after the meeting, modulo that legal
> issue plus one delay while AfC was uber-busy overseas).

I guess I agree up until June. I can't find anything since June
at http://linux.org.au/minutes/. I realise the need to keep
sensitive stuff out but that seems a bit extreme. Edited down
versions sans legal stuff would have been appreciated. I have
had a look at the Wiki, but that only seems to have action items
which are not very informative.

It is a bit rough on the existing committee members standing for
re-election because it is hard to see what they have been up to
for the last six months coming into the election.

I would like to see simple straight forward minutes (with legal
stuff embargoed if required) more readily available this year.

And a newsletter with a bit of gratuitous self promotion of all
the hard work you guys are doing would be a nice touch. It
doesn't have to be a big production, I thought Pia's email
http://lists.linux.org.au/archives/linux-aus/2003-September/msg00043.html
was pretty much spot on.

>> As for getting matters raised with LA I am not sure a local
>> member is going to be any more accessable or effective than
>> emailing committee at linux.org.au.
>
> I have a policy of sending at least an ACK if I see an alien
> message and nobody else has ACKed it.
Cheers. I noticed and appreciated it at the time.