[Linux-aus] Re: AGM agenda tweaking: divorcing from conf

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Thu Jan 8 22:50:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 23:31, Christopher Yeoh wrote:
> If possible would it be better to have the voting done a couple of
> weeks later?  That way you get the people voting who actually care and
> less of those who are finding something to do between the last talk
> for the day and finding somewhere to eat.

The way LUV does it is they hold an online vote, then approve this vote
at their AGM. This way, if something weird happens, or a lot of people
are not happy with the online process (or think it was rigged/hacked or
something) - the vote reverts to one at the AGM.

This is a real sane way to do things (I, and a lot of LUV people think
anyway) and if LA moved to something like this, it could help be more
inclusive.

Thoughts?
--
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)