[Linux-aus] Re: AGM agenda tweaking: divorcing from conf

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Thu Jan 8 22:58:02 UTC 2004

<quote who="Stewart Smith">

> The way LUV does it is they hold an online vote, then approve this vote at
> their AGM. This way, if something weird happens, or a lot of people are
> not happy with the online process (or think it was rigged/hacked or
> something) - the vote reverts to one at the AGM.
>
> This is a real sane way to do things (I, and a lot of LUV people think
> anyway) and if LA moved to something like this, it could help be more
> inclusive.
>
> Thoughts?

I would still love to have the voting process happen after the conference,
because that gives everyone the opportunity to meet and greet. Then again, I
wouldn't like the AGM to be an online event. ;-)

- Jeff

     "Just because I sit in front of a terminal all day doesn't mean I
      couldn't hunt you down and righteously kick your ass to feed my
          newfound cannabalism." - Darwinian System Administration