[Linux-aus] Never mind the MyDoom crap, make some noise about this!

Ryan Verner xfesty at computeraddictions.com.au
Mon Feb 9 17:05:01 UTC 2004

On 09/02/2004, at 7:00 PM, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> http://www.dfat.gov.au/trade/negotiations/us_fta/outcomes/
> 08_intellectual_property.html
>
> Seriously scary stuff, that we *need* to address.

Yeow, no kidding :-(

There's a slashdot story about this, maybe where you saw the article,
but relevant to some degree anyway:

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/02/09/
0211225&mode=thread&tid=99

Didn't the UK go through something like this ~6 months back, but
because of the reactions of (mostly) the OSS community, it didn't go
through? (maybe it's a different issue, in which case, sorry - I didn't
follow it very closely)  Surely this means there's relevant material
(literature, etc) produced that we can use?

People need to be educated what this really means in real terms.

Signature space for rent.