[Linux-aus] Media Officer Now

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Wed Feb 4 22:11:26 UTC 2004

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 07:24:53PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> Yes. I think the key issue is that Debian is not percieved as attacking
> commercial enterprises. I'm sure many analysts foolishly overlook it
> for this very reason.

And yet, it's not the analysts we're trying to convince: it's
users. Analysts are merely a means to that end; and if Debian's been
underrated by analysts, given polls at l.c.a's, or the recent netcraft
report, or my experiences, it doesn't seem to have hurt our take up
where it counts: amongst Linux developers and in organisations that can
benefit from our OS.

Cheers,
aj

             Linux.conf.au 2004 -- Because we could.