[Linux-aus] LCA2006 - has any state staked a claim?

Dan Shearer dan at shearer.org
Wed Sep 24 04:41:01 UTC 2003

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 11:45:34PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> If there's one thing running an l.c.a isn't about it, it's resting on
> your laurels and assuming you've already done enough.

A lot of it comes down to the money.

Whoever it is: have a detailed, careful budget ready. This will take you
months elapsed and man-weeks of effort. I don't know precisely how
Adelaide got the gong for '04 (I left before that to get on an
international flight) but I was part of the review team for Michael's
meticulously researched bid document. (Perhaps a version of this could be
made available by Michael and LA.)

--
Dan Shearer
dan at shearer.org