[Linux-aus] Meeting Minutes, Committee Activities, Constitution?

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Wed Oct 29 07:40:18 UTC 2003

<quote who="Kimberly Shelt">

> Check here...
> http://twiki.linux.org.au/twiki/bin/view/Main/MeetingMinutes
> Last updated Oct I think..

These are just actions...

> > On that note, it's probably about time for things to get rolling with open
> > elections this year... will we be voting on the changes to the constitution
> > at LCA? It would be nice to get them cleaned up properly this year, so
> > elections can be held independently of LCA (preferably online) in future.
>
> Why independantly ?. why not in conjunction ?
> ie folks at lca vote and people who do not /cannot attend do it online ?

Increases bureaucracy, reduces security, increases workload, etc... Easier
to hold the elections via email or on the website after LCA, so you get to
meet everyone and stuff like that, but only have one process.

Proposed changes: http://linux.org.au/org/new/constitution.phtml

> Personally I would like to see just general rantings..notes of what things
> have been discussed, point form.. things on the boil..
> Doesnt need to be huge detail..just enough to keep all the members
> aware the committee is working hard :)..

Same here, more like the GNOME Foundation minutes than Hansard. ;-)

- Jeff

    "I'm just mucking round down the shallow end of the literary pool, I
                          suppose." - Mick Molloy