[Linux-aus] Meeting Minutes, Committee Activities, Constitution?

Stewart Smith stewart at linux.org.au
Wed Oct 29 08:13:25 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 10:38, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > Why independantly ?. why not in conjunction ?
> > ie folks at lca vote and people who do not /cannot attend do it online ?
>
> Increases bureaucracy, reduces security, increases workload, etc... Easier
> to hold the elections via email or on the website after LCA, so you get to
> meet everyone and stuff like that, but only have one process.

We're actively pursuing (and probably going to end up using) the LUV
voting system - which is an online system. They have the extra safeguard
of having a motion to accept the results of the online pole at their
AGM, which covers the case of "what happens if somebody breaks it and
really kills the results", as a poll is then taken at the AGM.

I'll be thinking about such things more after Nov 4 (the day i'm meant
to hand in my thesis) :)

> > Personally I would like to see just general rantings..notes of what things
> > have been discussed, point form.. things on the boil..
> > Doesnt need to be huge detail..just enough to keep all the members
> > aware the committee is working hard :)..
>
> Same here, more like the GNOME Foundation minutes than Hansard. ;-)

Pia has done several light summaries in the past, maybe we should
continue this? That way we have detailed minutes that any legal person
can drool over in case of disaster, and we've got the fun communication
of what's been going on.
--
Stewart Smith (stewart at linux.org.au)
Vice President, Linux Australia