[Linux-aus] Re: [ALLIES] Just to keep the pot boiling...

Les Bell lesbell at lesbell.com.au
Thu Mar 20 07:47:02 UTC 2003

Jonathan Oxer <jon at ivt.com.au> wrote:

Is anybody doing anything in relation to LPI in Victoria? Looks
interesting.
<<

Right at this moment, one of my colleagues is teaching a "Linux Power User"
course for IBM at Southgate (I'm in Kuala Lumpur, where I'm teaching a
networking course using Linux). IBM has put a number of its staff through a
series of courses leading to LPI certification and also has obtained
approval to conduct the LPI certification testing through VUE.

The IBM courses have been designed to conform to the LPI certification
objectives (incidentally, I was one of the LPI objective authors). My own
courses (which have also run in Melbourne) are also designed to comply with
LPI. While some certifications are thinly-veiled marketing programs, I
highly approve of the way LPI has been designed to be vendor-independent,
and the objectives have been derived from surveys of what administrators
actually do.

Best,

--- Les Bell, CISSP
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]