[Linux-aus] Re: [LACTTE] Agenda 20030611

Con Zymaris conz at cyber.com.au
Wed Jun 11 12:19:02 UTC 2003

On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 12:21:39PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:33, greebo at pacific.net.au wrote:
> > then I come home and give a seminar (1-2 hour
> > presentation, and a panel discussion) inviting Australian Government
> > (NOIE etc) to hear about the Brazilian gov opinions, and strategies.
> > I'm sure they'll be very interested in their gov reasons to switch to
> > OSS :)
>
> I think one dept that needs to hear about it is whatever the WA
> Department of Industry and Technology is called this year. I think the
> Right Way to do this (ie showing support to State business groups) is
> to get SLPWA to find contacts in the appropriate department and see if
> said department is interested in hosting a talk in (say) late November
> or early December.
>
> I'm sure Con has his contacts and the new SA org will find theirs. Any
> other States would be LA direct but I'd put out a query through their
> LUGs first. If the various gummints will pay for most of it, how many
> Frequent Flyer points can your weary old body handle? (-:

Various states have some form of orchestrating IT policy body group. Talk
to these people. Further, talk to the departments of education.
Some/many/all of these will be facing a change in Microsoft licencing
policy over the coming year, whereby software from Microsoft hikes up in
price for educational usage. Now is a good time to sow the seeds.

con