[Linux-aus] Re: [LACTTE] Agenda 20030611

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Wed Jun 11 12:10:01 UTC 2003

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 09:33, greebo at pacific.net.au wrote:
> then I come home and give a seminar (1-2 hour
> presentation, and a panel discussion) inviting Australian Government
> (NOIE etc) to hear about the Brazilian gov opinions, and strategies.
> I'm sure they'll be very interested in their gov reasons to switch to
> OSS :)

I think one dept that needs to hear about it is whatever the WA
Department of Industry and Technology is called this year. I think the
Right Way to do this (ie showing support to State business groups) is
to get SLPWA to find contacts in the appropriate department and see if
said department is interested in hosting a talk in (say) late November
or early December.

I'm sure Con has his contacts and the new SA org will find theirs. Any
other States would be LA direct but I'd put out a query through their
LUGs first. If the various gummints will pay for most of it, how many
Frequent Flyer points can your weary old body handle? (-:

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA
http://linux.org.au/            Committee Member, Linux Australia