[Linux-aus] Minutes - 20030514 Summary

Pia Smith president at linux.org.au
Wed Jul 2 21:07:01 UTC 2003

Meeting minutes - Summarised for easy reading.

The official meeting minutes are posted to
http://www.linux.org.au/minutes for your convenience!

1. All official business was reviewed and approved

2. Face to Face meeting
We spoke about the proposed schedule for the meeting, and preparation
for the meeting to make it as effective as possible.

3. Constitution
We needed to fix up our constitution, as it is outdated and restrictive.
Started putting efforts into designing a schedule of necessary changes.
We ill be posting these to linux-aus in the near future. Keep an eye out
and let us know what you think!

4. Web Site Discussed
Making progress, looking forward to seeing the results!

5. LPI
Further discussions with LPI regarding certification for the community,
where it fits and the necessity of it.

6. Linmagau Grant proposal
Committee formally accepted it to Kim, and submitted to linux-aus.

7. Publicity
We are getting some good publicity around our Grant Proposal Scheme. Now
we just need to convince the community to not be shy. We have also had
some decent publicity about other topics. These will all be posted up on
linux.org.au soon.

8. LCA
Spoke about LCA2004 and LA's part in the process. We decided that we
need to support the LCA team, as well as ensure its success in order to
have the funds to put into projects such as the Grant Proposal Scheme.

9. Close
--
Pia Smith <president at linux.org.au>
Linux Australia