[Linux-aus] Re:[Linux-aus]job database

Kimberly Shelt kim at linmagau.org
Sun Feb 16 21:13:01 UTC 2003

Tery,

I am not sure I understand your point ?

Mine was to state the things  as I understand them..
the piece of my post you copied in..and to offer suggestions
the pieces you didn't copy in :(

Eg.. there are sites.. they do have a apparent ability to attract
companies advertising jobs, and that perhaps LA could take advantage
of the already huge dbs out there with a little coding ?

I was not in any way putting down the LA job db.. just that Pia's
original post on the subject was about making it more visable and
more useful for *nix people..

I made some suggestions  about how that could be improved as that
was what I thought Pia was asking for..

Now on to your mail :)

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 10:44:28PM +1100, Terry Dawson wrote:
> Kimberley,
> Most large companies looking to recruit IT professionals use recruitment
> agencies. Over the past year or two there have been an increasing number of
> recruitment agencies posting job advertisements to the Linux Australia Job
> Database. I think that speaks for itself.
#
Great  Ithink this is good as well.

> As the person primarily responsible for the management of the jobs database
> since its creation in November 1998 I can supply some hard data as to its
> use. The LA jobs database has seen 365 posted jobs, most of those were in
> 2000/2001. The jobs that the LA jobs database accepted were strictly Linux
> jobs, not Unix jobs. In taht time we've had numerous positive responses from
> people both looking for jobs and from those looking to recruit. We've
> additionally had a number of repeat users, some companies have used the
> service many times looking for Linux-trained staff.

Again great..but can you give details of jobs in the db in 2002 or 2003 ?
More recent figures would be good to those of us looking for work :)