[Linux-aus] Two conf's

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Sat Feb 8 15:54:01 UTC 2003

Anthony,

> > Except BSD people feel slightly left out of a LINUX Conference in
> > Australia.
>
> Fair enough, although that needn't remain the case. If you ignore the
> names, and look at the programme instead, we had:

Ignoring the names is a little pointless, don't we think?

> 	all of the mini-confs being applicable for BSD folks (education,
> 	ipv6, and games; and even Debian is trying for BSD variants)

Excepting it called itself educationaLinux. IPv6 could probably be
extended to any product capable of using it. And Debian is just Debian
but it's most famous implementation is the Linux one.

> 	5/6ths of the tutorials being userspace (PHP, automake, scrubby
> 	and postgresql)

True.

> 	a little under 2/3rds of the talks being equally applicable to
> 	BSD systems (at a rough estimate anyway)
>
> 	and either 3/4ths or all the keynotes being equally applicable

Yes.

> Now, on the other hand there wasn't _any_ BSD specific content, but it
> should be possible to add some without particularly harming the
> conference as far as Linux bigots like myself are concerned...

Is there a suggestion that the conference should become an Open Source
Conference (Open Source Conference Australia)?

DSL