[Linux-aus] Two conf's

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Sat Feb 8 15:41:02 UTC 2003

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 05:05:41PM +1030, David Lloyd wrote:
> >   less conflict: l.c.a is the premier developers con, AUUG has the
> >   premier
> >     users con
> Except BSD people feel slightly left out of a LINUX Conference in
> Australia.

Fair enough, although that needn't remain the case. If you ignore the names,
and look at the programme instead, we had:

	all of the mini-confs being applicable for BSD folks (education, ipv6,
	and games; and even Debian is trying for BSD variants)

	5/6ths of the tutorials being userspace (PHP, automake, scrubby
	and postgresql)

	a little under 2/3rds of the talks being equally applicable to BSD
	systems (at a rough estimate anyway)

	and either 3/4ths or all the keynotes being equally applicable

Now, on the other hand there wasn't _any_ BSD specific content, but it
should be possible to add some without particularly harming the conference
as far as Linux bigots like myself are concerned...

(And, depending on the continuing status of .conf.au, the name might
have to get changed eventually anyway)

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''