[Linux-aus] And now for something completely different

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Feb 4 18:38:53 UTC 2003

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Anand Kumria wrote:

> Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 20:45:07 +1100
> From: Anand Kumria <wildfire at progsoc.uts.edu.au>
> To: Bret Busby <bret at busby.net>
> Cc: Linux Australia List <linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au>
> Subject: Re: [Linux-aus] And now for something completely different
>
> On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 05:17:45PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> >
> > Perhaps, if the committee is sincere, it could consider a regional
>            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> > representation model, and try to implement it, with new membership and
> > elections in about six months (should be sufficient to implement it, so
> > it is done in plenty of time before the next AGM.
>
> And you wonder why people aren't interested in commenting on your
> suggestions when you come out with such inflammatory comments.
>
> > And, online discussion, without the acrimony that has opccurred in the
> > past, with as many of the Linux community as possible in Australia,
> > involved, would be a good start.
>
> Perhaps you could start being less acrimonious then.
>
> Anand

Here we go aagin!!

Prithee; what is either inflammatory or acrimonious in what I said?

Unless the status quo is to be preserved at all costs, and without
regard for anything else, apart from preserving the status quo.

It all does back to the issue of what the organisation is supposed to
represent, if you want all of that raised again.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."