[Linux-aus] Finances

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Feb 4 13:30:01 UTC 2003

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003, Anand Kumria wrote:

> Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 16:11:06 +1100
> From: Anand Kumria <akumria at linux.org.au>
> To: Anthony Towns <aj at azure.humbug.org.au>
> Cc: linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au, treasurer at conf.linux.org.au
> Subject: Linux Australia was: [Linux-aus] Linux Australia AGM Held (fwd)
>
> On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 01:57:17PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> >
> > ObOnTopic: I'd like to again request an explanation of LA's liabilities,
> > said to be on the order of $40,000.
> >

> Sorry, I must have missed that request.
>
> Currently reimbursements to some speakers are still outstanding (~5000). Morning
> tea at the conference is on the order of $13000 and the rest is taken up with the
> conference dinner. There are some ancillary costs too (extra t-shirts
> being printed, etc.) too. Those are the big three though.
>
> I don't have exact figures because Mark Tearle -- LCA Treasurer -- has
> been handling all this very elegantly for me.
>
> Regards,
> Anand

Does that impact on the statement that the conference made a profit?

Would the finances of the conference (liquid assets, current
liabilities, revenue, etc) not be better separated from the overall
finances of the organisation, as an item, or perhaps two (eg, Conference
2003 - surplus deficit, and, I can' think of the name, but, the
difference between assets and liabilities, as a similar line item,
specific to the conference), for simplicity?

This is not a criticism; just a query/suggestion.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."