Linux Australia was: [Linux-aus] Linux Australia AGM Held (fwd)

Anand Kumria akumria at linux.org.au
Tue Feb 4 13:08:01 UTC 2003

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 01:57:17PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> ObOnTopic: I'd like to again request an explanation of LA's liabilities,
> said to be on the order of $40,000.

Sorry, I must have missed that request.

Currently reimbursements to some speakers are still outstanding (~5000). Morning
tea at the conference is on the order of $13000 and the rest is taken up with the
conference dinner. There are some ancillary costs too (extra t-shirts
being printed, etc.) too. Those are the big three though.

I don't have exact figures because Mark Tearle -- LCA Treasurer -- has
been handling all this very elegantly for me.

Regards,
Anand

--
 `` We are shaped by our thoughts, we become what we think.
 When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never