[Linux-aus] Linux Australia AGM Held

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Mon Feb 3 17:45:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Matt Hope wrote:

> Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 19:30:34 +1100
> From: Matt Hope <dopey at quickstix.com.au>
> To: Bret Busby <bret at busby.net>
> Cc: Linux Australia List <linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au>
> Subject: Re: [Linux-aus] Linux Australia AGM Held
>
> On Sun, 02 Feb 2003, Bret Busby <bret at busby.net> wrote...
>
> : > From: Anand Kumria <akumria at linux.org.au>
>
> : > > The minutes are being handled by the secretary who has been on holidays
> : > > -- no doubt he'll get minutes up as soon as he is back in Sydney and has
> : > > a chance.
>

> : > Oh, I forgot to add that I was speaking on behalf of Linux Australia.
>
> : So you are still the president?
> :
> : The president or chairman of an organisation is usually the only
> : legitimate spokesperson for an organisation.
>
> Bret,
>
> Please, this form of critism is not serving any positive
> purpose. Linux Australia may have had a couple of faults before, but
> now we have a new committee who are willing to turn it all around - I
> believe Daniel Stone used a simile of the Pheonix in a previous email.
>
> Please keep it constructive - Anand was just passing on some
> information.
>
> Matt
> [ Speaking for myself, naturally ]

I will put this simply.

I raised a number of the following points, with a list member who was
sufficiently rational, to discuss this with me off list, in a rational
way.

I made, on the list, some constructive suggestions about an organisation
named (rightly or otherwise) Linux Australia.

The suggestions were met with hostile objection by, amongst others,
Anand Kumria, who showed that he speaks for the organisation. His
actions showed that the organisation, under his control, was, and will
be, a sinister and malicious organisation that will go to dishonourable
lengths, to protect the self-interest of the committee members, and that
the committee shall not be representative of Linux users, and others
associated with Linux, in Australia, but instead that the committe will
thumb its nose at these people.

In what followed, I am reminded of the policy of the committee member
from WA, who, over a number of years, has shown that he launches
gratuitous personal attacks, involving gratuitous personal defamation,
on unsuspecting and innocent victims.

Both he and Anand Kumria appear to have developed the policy of the
organisation, along these lines.

I had previously understood that the organisation has a president, who
is not either of these people.

We have a number of people, apparently speaking in the name of the
organisation, except the one who is supposed to count.

It is general practice (usually written into an organisation's
constitution), that the sole spokesperson of an organisation, is the
president or chairman of the organisation.

That person is conspicuously absent from all of this.

There have been strong opinions expressed on both sides, with much
ill-will from both sides.

I suggest that, in the interests of the Linux community in Australia,
which, from what has been written, is what the organisation IS SUPPOSED
TO represent, all of this cease until the supposed president surfaces,
and discusses all of this with the parties concerned, off list.

That is, if there really is a president of the organisation, that is not
Anand Kumria.

Unless, you all want to bury the organisation.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."