[Linux-aus] Representation

Daniel Stone dstone at trinity.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Feb 3 13:29:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 03:46:00PM +1100, Robert Thomson scrawled:
> It was a dilemma at the time, as the at-the-time committee members who
> wanted to remain as LA members, but were unable to attend LCA, weren't
> members.  We decided that membership should be possible for a fee
> outside of LCA registration, and set that fee.  This was a decision
> based on the constitutional requirements.  To be a member by the time
> of the AGM, you had to have paid prior to the AGM.  We had the obvious
> benefit of being face to face with the Treasurer at the time, and
> having much of the committee together to decide at the time.  As far
> as I know, only former committee members at the time of the AGM had
> paid to be LA members outside of LCA registration.

At the time I was told that this was impossible, hence my bitch.

> I hope this clears things up.

It's more information, but I can't really say it clears up the matter of
my being told there was absolutely no way I'd be able to get on the
board, short of flying to Perth.

> Btw - IRC logs aren't for general consumption (even if on a public
> channel), if you don't mind.  It's just good netiquette.

*shrug*.

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone at trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne