[Linux-aus] Representation

Daniel Stone dstone at trinity.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Feb 3 19:00:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 04:32:47PM +1100, Daniel Stone scrawled:
> On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 03:46:00PM +1100, Robert Thomson scrawled:
> > It was a dilemma at the time, as the at-the-time committee members who
> > wanted to remain as LA members, but were unable to attend LCA, weren't
> > members.  We decided that membership should be possible for a fee
> > outside of LCA registration, and set that fee.  This was a decision
> > based on the constitutional requirements.  To be a member by the time
> > of the AGM, you had to have paid prior to the AGM.  We had the obvious
> > benefit of being face to face with the Treasurer at the time, and
> > having much of the committee together to decide at the time.  As far
> > as I know, only former committee members at the time of the AGM had
> > paid to be LA members outside of LCA registration.
>
> At the time I was told that this was impossible, hence my bitch.
>
> > I hope this clears things up.
>
> It's more information, but I can't really say it clears up the matter of
> my being told there was absolutely no way I'd be able to get on the
> board, short of flying to Perth.

Two things to clarify:
a) I've been corrected in private mail - Robert's not on the board.
Whoops.
b) Even if he was, I wasn't trying to imply that the current board, er,
committee (Sorry, I'm on horrifically lagged SSH), is unfit for
the job, or was elected shonkily.

It's not, and the board has my full confidence and support, if no-one
else's.

Daniel (man I hate ghetto modem networks)

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone at trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne