[Linux-aus] Linux Australia AGM Held

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Sun Feb 2 23:11:11 UTC 2003

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Anand Kumria wrote:

> Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 01:48:45 +1100
> From: Anand Kumria <wildfire at progsoc.uts.edu.au>
> To: Anthony Towns <aj at azure.humbug.org.au>
> Cc: Linux Australia List <linux-aus at lists.linux.org.au>
> Subject: Re: [Linux-aus] Linux Australia AGM Held
>
> On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 11:06:07PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> >
> > Is having no one from Queensland on the
> > Linux Australia board "adequately representing the needs of people"
> > in Queensland?
>
> Since Linux Australia isn't designed to represent the needs of people in
> Queensland, the answer is yes.
>
> > but the lack of broad-based national participation in
> > Linux Australia is its most serious flaw
>
> Why so? I'm yet to hear a good case for it. Particularly as Linux
> Australia isn't designed to represent regional interestes.

Well you have made it quite clear that the organisation serves only the
interests of the committee members, and that it uses whatever offensive
and dirty tactics it can, to protect that, and that it deliberately acts
against the interests of its members and the interests of the Linux
community.

I have not encountered such dirty tactics as I have from you, and as a
senior office-bearer of the organisation, and the last president, you
have definitely proven that if the "best people for the jobs" got them,
as bush got his presidency, by skulduggery, so as to prevent any form of
democracy and to preserve autocracy, Linux in Australia has no chance,
as the organisation is now run by scum who act so reprehensibly as to
bring Linux into disrepute.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale