[Linux-aus] Linux Australia AGM Held

Anand Kumria wildfire at progsoc.uts.edu.au
Sun Feb 2 22:45:01 UTC 2003

On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 11:06:07PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:

> Is having no one from Queensland on the
> Linux Australia board "adequately representing the needs of people"
> in Queensland?

Since Linux Australia isn't designed to represent the needs of people in
Queensland, the answer is yes.

> but the lack of broad-based national participation in
> Linux Australia is its most serious flaw

Why so? I'm yet to hear a good case for it. Particularly as Linux
Australia isn't designed to represent regional interestes.

> , and gratuitiously dismissing
> suggestions on how to improve that is very poor form.

Well, if you and Brett can come up with a reasonable reason rationale and,
perhaps, wording modifications to the constition I would hope that that
would not be prevented from being presented to all members.

> Perhaps it
> would be best to let her work out which direction she's going to lead
> Linux Australia, and let her respond to suggestions like Bret's. She
> couldn't be much more alienating than what we've seen so far.

Thanks, I guess.

Anand

--
 `` We are shaped by our thoughts, we become what we think.
 When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never