[Linux-aus] Legal Eagle question

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Mon Aug 11 15:27:01 UTC 2003

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:01, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Leon Brooks">
>> There's going to be bugger-all left of The SCO Group after IBM have
>> finished with them. And, I hope, of The Canopy Group - the
>> authority behind them.

> Hrm, that might be bad. Aren't you a KDE fan? If Canopy go down, some
> protection of Trolltech may disappear.

I'd consider it to be "some risk to TrollTech" disappearing. And TT
could always do a fundraiser like Blender3D did if they really, really
needed money. But I doubt they will: SuSE, for example, are big fans of
KDE and not showing any signs of incipient evapouration.

(-: And yes, I do like KDE, bloats and all. :-)

> Sure, we don't agree with what SCO are doing, but let's not wish
> their fate on Canopy just yet (or, at least until the smoke
> clears). :-)

The smoke might assist an act of social Darwinism, though. (-:

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Committee Member, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA
http://linux.org.au/            Committee Member, Linux Australia