[Linux-aus] Linux Magazine (http://linmagau.org/)

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Wed Apr 16 22:21:02 UTC 2003

<quote who="Kimberly Shelt">

> QUOTE:David..
> "or indeed if this is a good idea at all?"
> END QUOTE:
>
> Whilst I understand the "default" is seeming to settle on "say nothing,
> means ok I am with it".. I would much rather folks wrote and said.."naff
> off.. we don't care".. than sat on their hands and said nothing..or better
> still..i took 30secs. to say "its all good"..
>
> If the community wants it.. AND folks are prepared to make it happen, then
> it can.. if not then say so :)

Okay. :-)

I'm not sure that a Linux magazine with 'the community' as its primary
target audience will be successful in print, *if* we're talking about
standard newsagent distribution, etc. There are other models that might work
for something like that, such as a membership journal (AUUG does this).

Is 'the community' the intended target audience for linmagau? Is there a
better target audience that can support the magazine (in print or not)? What
are your goals?

Sorry to start with the big questions. ;-)

- Jeff

--
GU4DEC: June 16th-18th in Dublin, Ireland             http://www.guadec.org/

    "Biology is the only science in which multiplication means the same
                     thing as division." - Greg Leblanc