[Linux-aus] Linux Magazine (http://linmagau.org/)

Kimberly Shelt misskim at verge.net.au
Wed Apr 16 20:37:01 UTC 2003

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 08:05:59PM +0800, Leon Brooks wrote:
> Can I refer you to
>
>     linmag at plug.linux.org.au

Does this mean that LinuxAus is not a forum for such endeavours as
Linmagau ?..
I don't want to break the "rules".

However it is good to see some support for directing folks to the
linmag list..thanks Leon.
The LA list would seem to reach a wider audience and
I think/hope that is a better thing ?

btw: Leon what about you doing an article ?

> I think it's on Miss Kim's plan for World Domination somwhere.

A snippet from an old email.. and I "remember"..it was relevant to
supporting someone elses endeavour.. and a tongue in cheek way..
or perhaps if it was about linmag.. why the hell not :)
My motives are "community drive" anyway..

One can only hope that more people replied directly to David
and Jonathan,than they did to the list in general..

Davids' first question was..  regards the mag..

QUOTE:David..
"or indeed if this is a good idea at all?"
END QUOTE:

Whilst I understand the "default" is seeming to settle on
"say nothing, means ok I am with it".. I would much rather
folks wrote and said.."naff off.. we don't care".. than sat
on their hands and said nothing..or better still..i
took 30secs. to say "its all good"..

If the community wants it.. AND folks are prepared to make it
happen, then it can.. if not then say so :)

I refer all to the original post on the site as to why the mag ..
http://www.linmagau.org/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7

Supporting the community, promoting awareness, provide a venue
for content more relevant to LOCAL issue :)..
Highlighting local folks, LUGs, clever stuff came along later :)

Kim
--
http://www.linmagau.org