[Linux-aus] Organisations moving to Linux

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Thu Sep 12 21:46:15 UTC 2002

Hi Bret,

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 17:19:28 +0800 (WST) Bret Busby <bret at busby.net> wrote:

> Is there a respository, that lists organisations (governments,
> government departments, and commercial organisations like corporations),
> that have moved, or, are moving, to Linux?

Don't know about a respository ...

> According to my city council, it is too expensive to move to Linux (one
> of their reasons), and I want to be able to say "here, look, all these
> organisations are moving to Linux, or, have moved to Linux", and I am
> looking for a resource, that lists that information (and possibly with
> links to news articles eg; "Amazon moves to Linux to cut costs", Air
> New Zealand moves to Linux in cost cutting exercise", etc).

Cost cutting (especially short term) is not the only reason to move to
Linux.

Try

http://houns54.clearlake.ibm.com/solutions/travel/trapub.nsf/detailcontacts/air_new_zealand_moves_to_linux_

or this:

http://www-1.ibm.com/industries/telecom/pressrelease/PRESSRELEASES_86204.html

Disclaimer: I work for the Linux Technology Centre of IBM ...

Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au
http://www.canb.auug.org.au/~sfr/