[Linux-aus] Organisations moving to Linux

Juan Ramon Jimenez jjimenez0 at yahoo.es
Thu Sep 12 20:06:06 UTC 2002

    Bret> Hello, all.

  Hello

    Bret> Is there a respository, that lists organisations
    Bret> (governments, government departments, and commercial
    Bret> organisations like corporations), that have moved, or, are
    Bret> moving, to Linux?

    I'm spanish and perhaps can help you. In Spain we have an
association called Hispalinux (www.hispalinux.es) where we work for
the free software and Linux specially. Well, one of the project we
have in hispalinux is called something like 'Campaign pro-free
software in administration '

http://www.hispalinux.es/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=SlAdministracion

   and here we have a repository in which we attempt to allocate news
relative with software in administrations. A job document is this

http://www.hispalinux.es/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=SLAdministracionNoticias

   in which you can see some administrations that are moving to linux
around the world. I'm sorry because all the links are in spanish, but
i hope you can fetch enough information to your goals

    Bret> According to my city council, it is too expensive to move to
    Bret> Linux (one of their reasons), and I want to be able to say
    Bret> "here, look, all these organisations are moving to Linux,
    Bret> or, have moved to Linux", and I am looking for a resource,
    Bret> that lists that information (and possibly with links to news
    Bret> articles eg; "Amazon moves to Linux to cut costs", Air New
    Bret> Zealand moves to Linux in cost cutting exercise", etc).

   Another site you can go is: (sorry...again in spanish :-( )

    www.linex.org

   Linex is a Linux distribution based in debian which is being used
   in Extremadura (an Spanish county) and with very good results at the
   moment...

    Andalucia (another spanish county) is thinking in moving to
    linux...but we will see :-)

   Well, if you need more information about those project or you want
   anything i can help you....you know where i am :-)

  Greeting

    Bret> Thanks in anticipation.

    Bret> -- Bret Busby Armadale West Australia ..............

    Bret> "So once you do know what the question actually is, you'll
    Bret> know what the answer means."  - Deep Thought, Chapter 28 of
    Bret> the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams, 1988

                    ///
                   (@ @)

 - Detesto lo que dices, pero defendería a muerte tu derecho a
    decirlo
       - Voltaire

    Juan Ramón Jiménez García
    jjimenez0 at yahoo.es