[Lias] OpenOffice.org charting questions

Paul Gear pgear at redlands.qld.edu.au
Thu Mar 11 08:46:01 UTC 2004

Hi folks,

<Insert standard cross-posting apology here>

Can anyone answer the following questions about OpenOffice.org charting?

1.  Is there a way to print only a chart, on a page by itself, rather
than over the top of the normal spreadsheet grid?  The only option i
can find that affects the way the chart prints (in Format->Page)
doesn't allow the option of *not* printing the cell contents, nor
making the chart fill the page.

2.  Is there a way to insert a chart object as a separate workbook
page?  When i open an Excel spreadsheet with a chart that was created
that way, it puts it on its own spreadsheet page as a little bitty
chart object in the middle of a lot of blank cells.  And of course it
prints correspondingly badly.

Much as it pains me to say this, Excel 97 runs rings around OOo in the
charting department.  I just went to a Windows machine, inserted a
chart in its own page, hit print, and it came out exactly as i wanted
it.  Any suggestions?  I'm using OOo 1.0.2 on Red Hat Linux 9.

--
Paul Gear, Manager IT Operations
Redlands College, 38 Anson Road, Wellington Point 4160, Australia