[Lias] FTP Access

Gary Reynolds gary at touch.asn.au
Fri Apr 2 12:45:01 UTC 2004

Simon,

I would suggest that you use the Alias directive in httpd.conf

For example, if you want the /science/ section to be administered by the user "fred", then you could add the following line to the httpd.conf

Alias /science/ /home/fred/science-www/

Or whatever directory you want to contain the website for that section of the site. So you might have part of your httpd.conf that looks like:

Alias /science/ /home/fred/science-www/
Alias /maths/ /home/mary/maths-www/
Alias /english/ /home/bob/english-www/

(You could also put that in a file called, say, faculty.conf, and then include faculty.conf in your httpd.conf)

There are other ways - you could use mod_rewrite as well - but I think this is the easiest way...

Cheers,
Gary