[Lias] FTP Access

Leon Brooks leon at cyberknights.com.au
Fri Apr 2 13:36:01 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 11:55, Simon Bryan wrote:
> I want to be able to give various staff members the ability to
> maintain sections of our website - to do this they will need to be
> able to ftp the files from Dreamweaver. I don't want to give them
> access to the entire htdocs folder, just subfolders  eg PE Teacher
> can access folder PE etc. In addition I only want them to get this
> access from the local LAN not over the internet.

Have you investigated WebDAV? I'd be surprised if DreamWeaver didn't do
it, and all it takes is adding one module to your webserver and one
stanza of configuration to tell it where to use that.

What distro are you using?

Cheers; Leon

http://plug.linux.org.au/       Vice President, Perth Linux User Group
http://slpwa.asn.au/            Committee Member, Linux Professionals WA