[Lias] FTP Access

Simon Bryan simon.bryan at olmc.nsw.edu.au
Fri Apr 2 11:57:02 UTC 2004

Hi all,
I want to be able to give various staff members the ability to maintain
sections of our website - to do this they will need to be able to ftp the
files from Dreamweaver. I don't want to give them access to the entire
htdocs folder, just subfolders  eg PE Teacher can access folder PE etc. In
addition I only want them to get this access from the local LAN not over
the internet.

Is there an FTP server that will allow me to set this up in the config files?

All I have found so far is that ftpuser lists those that can't login.

One thought I had is that they ftp to their own home directories and I put
a softlink between there and the real web directory.

Any more clues for the clueless?

--
Simon Bryan
IT Manager