[Taslug] Hobart September Meeting Thursday 21st September - Learning KiCAD Basics / No More Breadboading

Scott Bragg jsbragg at scriptforge.org
Sun Sep 10 21:11:44 AEST 2017

Hi TasLUG!

Our September meeting we will do a deep dive into how to use KiCAD to turn your electronic circuits into a PCB that you can order online. I've been learning KiCAD for the past couple of months and while I'm no expert, I have found the experience satisfying, especially when I turned my first couple of circuits into PCBs!

Bring your tech support issues, latest distro setups, any new open source toys to demo.

Where:
Hobart Makers HQ - part of the Kickstart Arts centre, end of St Johns Road, Newtown

Agenda:
	* 18:00 Turn up, set up chat and mingle
	* 18:30 Pizza order - check out the menu here: http://www.sophslice.com.au/ (http://www.sophslice.com.au/)
	* 19:15 Design PCBs to order - the basics of KiCad
	* 20:30 Meeting close
Coming Up:
October: Digital Filters with Peter Billam
November: ???

The big news is that this will be our last Thursday meetup with a talk. Our Hobart meetings will be moving from the 3rd Thursday of the month, to the LAST SATURDAY OF THE MONTH. This will align us with the Launceston TasLUG group, possibly giving us the ability to live-stream each other's monthly presentations in future since we are both hosted at locations with decent Internet.

Hope to see you on the 21st!

Cheers
Scott Bragg