[Taslug] Hobart LoRa/MicroPython workshop August 17th

Scott Bragg jsbragg at scriptforge.org
Tue Jul 18 10:17:18 AEST 2017

Hi everyone,

As part of National Science Week we're running a workshop about the
Internet of Things.

Specifically I'll be introducing this ESP32[1] based Micropython[2]
board which has a LoRa radio[3] and we will spend a couple of hours
plugging in some sensors and collecting data via a LoRaWAN network.

The workshop only has limited spots so we can ensure everyone gets a
quality experience. If it proves popular we'll run another workshop
later in the year or perhaps a follow up workshop with some more
advanced code.

You can register for the event here:

https://hobartmakers.tidyhq.com/public/schedule/events/14276-connect-the-internet-of-things-to-wireless-networks

You can choose either a ticket with or without the kit. If you opt to
get a workshop only kit then there will be a microcontroller and sensors
for you to use at the event, but the workshop + kit ticket means you get
to take the board home with you afterwards.

--
Scott Bragg

[1] The same ESP32 microcontroller used in a certain hardware miniconf
earlier this year

[2] The same MicroPython that will be talked about in a certain Python
based conference in Melbourne shortly

[3] The same LoRa radio standard talked about at a certain amateur radio
club presentation earlier this month