[Media] LCA2018 Liason

Sae Ra Germaine saera.k.germaine at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 09:46:33 AEDT 2017

Hi Bruce,

We have had Mailing List announcements in the past but nothing formal in
the ways of a press release. However the Media Team (cc'd) can put
something together with you if you would like something a bit more
formalised?

An extract of the previous mailing list announce is below:
------------------------------------
Hi everyone,

Apologies for the delay in getting the official announcement out via the
email lists; it's been a hectic couple of weeks with the wonderful
linux.conf.au 2014 in Perth, our Annual General Meeting and an
oppressive heat wave.

Further to previous communication that Council had chosen host cities
for two years as part of this year's bidding process, we can officially
announce that ...

*drum roll*

linux.conf.au 2015 will be held in Auckland, New Zealand!

Conference Director: Ms Cherie Ellis
Site: http://lcauckland.org.nz/ or lca2015.linux.org.au
Contact: team at lcauckland.org.nz

The Call for Papers and Registration will open later this year.

linux.conf.au 2016 will be held in Geelong, Victoria!

Conference Director: Mr David Bell
Site: http://lcabythebay.org.au or lca2016.linux.org.au
Contact: contact at lcabythebay.org.au

You can also follow linux.conf.au on Twitter @linuxconfau - and don't
forget to follow Linux Australia @linuxaustralia

Huge congratulations to Cherie, David and their respective teams.

Kind regards,

Thanks

Sae Ra