[LCP]list all defines

Matthew Palmer mjp16 at ieee.uow.edu.au
Thu Jul 12 18:12:05 UTC 2001

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Andy Zivkovic wrote:

> My main reason for asking is because I'm a Uni student and find it easier to
> do my work from home (beacuse the computer rooms are always full,
> particularly when there's a due date coming up), and at uni we've got sun
> machines. I know that MS VC++ defines _WIN32, but I don't know what linux
> uses or the machines at uni. It seems to only be programs that use sockets,
> when the include files are different.

If things are defined, they're either (a) Useless, in which case you ignore
them completely, or (b) there for a reason, and just defining them elsewhere
isn't going to help you.

As far as different include files go, that's a long standing problem.  No
way to fix it.  I'd suggest doing the assignment at home and then copying it
to Uni and using an SSH terminal (and maybe an X redirect if necessary) to
do final testing.

> I couldn't find a list of pragmas gcc has (I can't navigate those info
> pages),

Try tkInfo.  Closest thing to a sane info browser I've found (although the
whole info format just has me well confused).

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer
mjp16 at ieee.uow.edu.au