[Linux-aus] Minutes of Council Meeting 03 June 2014

Lev Lafayette lev at levlafayette.com
Mon Jun 16 09:35:15 EST 2014

On Sun, June 15, 2014 10:46 pm, Russell Coker wrote:

> While I still don't know what exactly is involved in making it
> peer-reviewed,
> I can't imagine why this would be any sort of barrier to entry.

It would be a barrier to entry, but it would be a good barrier to entry.

I can easily see - based on the quality of past presentations - that LCA
would become a "Class A" conference as assessed by CORE, for example.

This would be good for LA, for LCA, and especially for Linux.

> One thing that I think could be improved is support for getting new
> speakers.
> LCA is a fairly intimidating conference to offer a talk for.

Not a bad idea either, and certainly not in contradiction with being a
peered conference.

--
Lev Lafayette, BA (Hons), GradCertTerAdEd (Murdoch), GradCertPM, MBA (Tech
Mngmnt) (Chifley)