[Linux-aus] Special support for women

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Wed Oct 30 11:05:25 EST 2013

No sex should get special treatment - PERIOD

If you want the job, you must love the industry, so you learn the job,
for IT you need obviously have a passion for it, study hard, and prove
to prospective employers you are better than the next candidate,
regardless of your sex, I've been on interview panels where I elected to
hire a woman over a man, simply because SHE was the best candidate, I
have also hired a man over a woman, because HE was the best candidate.

It is discrimination to, like certain outspoken politicians have
implied, we must hire women because there is more men in the workplace,
just to address an imbalance - what fucking idiot came up with that
notion. I dont give a rats what any pollie says or even somehow manages
to enter into law (good luck with the High Court challenge), because the
best person for the job gets it - be it man, women, or martian, and
nothing will ever change that, unless you move to dictatorship country.

Links:
------