[Linux-aus] Candidate Statement: Christopher Neugebauer

Tennessee Leeuwenburg tleeuwenburg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 14:59:58 EST 2013

Yeah, whatever Noel. Call whatever you like rubbish, but do it on your own
time. I'm speaking to Chris's capabilities for all kinds of work, and I
certainly have no concern that he's just pushing a Python-only agenda.

Maybe I should run on a vim-advocacy platform, we can get that pesky emacs
flavour out of the council while we're at it.

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 2:38 PM, Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net> wrote:

> On 20/11/2013 12:50, Tennessee Leeuwenburg wrote:
>
> > This is a message of support for Chris, for any position he runs for.
> > He absolutely worked his butt off to provide two of the most successful
> > conferences I have ever attended. He's organised, careful,
> > enthusiastic, clever and compassionate. You couldn't wish for a better
> > worker or leader. If you vote for Chris, Things Will Gets Done.
> >
> > On Sat, Nov 16, 2013 at 7:07 PM, Chris Neugebauer <chrisjrn at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> This is addressing both Peter and Mark's concerns in the same
> >> response, as they basically said the same thing.

> >> I personally don't have a strong view on how LA can better engage with
> >> the general public on issues the membership sees as important. This is
>
> This concerns me, if one wishes to be on council, especially if one
> suggests he would like a very senior role, one would expect we would
> here a lot more bout how LA should promote Linux and OSS, and not 98% of
> pycon rubbish, there is more to the world than just that. I know it
> sounds harsh, but hey, Chris is the one wanting a position on council,
> he needs to make his case to cover all aspects not just his primary
> interests.

Tennessee Leeuwenburg
http://myownhat.blogspot.com/
"Don't believe everything you think"